Novel Coronavirus 2019
With the coronavirus or Covid-19 affecting all we tried to create a list of things one can do to prevent it. We simply expect you to just understand the situation, believe in need of the hour and follow it to the minutest detail. This is not a blog, not an article but just some suggestion we wanted to deliberately throw at people and help them understand the importance of their own lives.
Things to keep in mind
Here are some things that you can do to prevent the coronavirus from affecting you and your love ones.
- Wash your hands regularly...! Prefer to set a two-hour clock wash hands regime (i.e. wash your hands every time the hour clock ticks the even numbers). Clean hands will not only help you stay healthy, but also your family members.
- Maintain 1-meter (3-feet) distance from anyone who's coughing or sneezing (even if they are people you love)
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, mouth and your hair all the time, you may not know if someone sneezed on your hair too.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care immediately by informing the local helpline numbers and quarantine yourself. Make sure you have all the symptoms before you call the authorities and do not panic in any case.
- Do not stress eat - eat appropriate amount of food and don't ruin your health by eating lavishly eating and doing no exercise.
- Avoid processed food and cook your own meal, with all the time you have in your hands, you might learn a new dish or pick up some new cooking ideas. And after all, healthy cooking is healthy living.
- Be thankful to the government and the public utilities department for providing you with electricity, water and necessities and listen to them when they broadcast something over the TV or social media.
- Follow the instructions given by the health department. If you are asked to stay home, then do stay home, if you are asked to go for a check-up, go for a check-up and if you are asked to quarantine yourself, don't ignore it.
- Do not spread social stigma, fear isn't what's healthy, it affects people mentally, while we are already in a panic stage, the efforts should be to calm things down, coz at the end, we all have that one voice inside us, "everything's going to be alright!" Don't kill this voice for others.
- Do not forward just anything that comes to you, be happy you have the internet, but do not overcrowd the bandwidth by sharing every forwarded text or meme you get! Understand, most people are already using increased bandwidth with the actual "Netflix and chill" party that's been going on.!
- Enjoy the time you have with your family, yes, everyone has flaws, your family could be very irritating, but understand they love you. And if you do not feel safe, call the local authorities wherever you are.
- Spend time on the phone: we all have people we miss who we connect with rarely. Call/video call them and find out how they are doing.! Do not spread the stigma, but talk about how your life has been, and how much you have missed them in your life. Maybe have a video conference reunion with your old friends...!
- Last but not the least, try and gather as much knowledge for basic healthcare, you never know when the authorities may start to need help!
In case of emergency
Depending upon your situation, if you feel there is an emergency contact the emergency helpline right away.