India is home to some of the most unpredictable, earthy and charming people in the world. The Hindu gods and goddesses are known to derive their beauty from Indian men and women. Such is the pride. The idea of women with long plentiful hair, well-defined features, naturally thick brows and those massive expressive eyes that have a certain soul is captivating.
Their traditional dress- Sari, hugs the hip, shows off the waist and blouses often reveal the neck, back, arms and Jewellery brings attention to ears, neck, nose, hands, fingers, arms, feet, toes, waist makes Indian women appear exotic. They have a sense of elegance and innocence that comes from wearing their ancient culture, it adds to their sense of identity and confidence and sets them apart.
And no wonder Indian women have won numerous beauty pageants for instance; Susmita Sen and Lara Dutta as Miss Universe, Aishwarya Rai and Priyanka Chopra as Miss World. In addition, India has some of the world’s sexiest men and women for example Neha Dhupia, Riya Sen and Arjun Ram Pal, Milind Soman, John Abraham, Dino Morea which leaves everyone wondering Why are Indians so beautiful and attractive?
- Exotic looks: Indians are a mix of races and that gives a mystic feel. India was colonised by Invaders and this is when the breeding of the “exotics” began. The average Indian could have Greek, Mongol, Arab, Turkish, Persian, Afghan, Portuguese, French, British, tribal, and Central Asian heritage.
- The Bronze tan: Indians have a natural tan that gives them a beautiful skin colour and delays skin aging. Indians are proud of it and show an overwhelming acceptance for film actresses with darker skin. Rekha, Kajol, Anu Aggarwal, Shilpa Shetty, Bipasha Basu, Nandita Das, etc. the list is endless. Among male actors Rajni Kanth, Shatrughan Sinha and many other darker-skinned stars have ruled the hearts of millions.
- Voluminous black hair: They have beautiful raven black hair that are naturally heavy, dense and thick rich in quality.
- Gorgeous eyes: They have beautiful olive, black eyes that sparkle and glow, further accentuating them with the right amount of makeup rather than drowning it under piles of kohl.
- Narrow Body Frame: They also tend to be petite, which can be attractive.
- Behaviour: Indian women tend to be friendly, polite and accommodative. They are generally very sweet that enhances their natural beauty. They are shy which can be attractive.
India has given to the world some of the most breathtaking beauties, making a mark on the international platform. Young boys and girls are doing courses for beauty enhancement and professional intelligence. It was after India’s success at The Miss Universe and Miss World show, that the mind set of parents changed and they allowed their children to be a part of the modeling industry. They now perceive modeling as a gateway to fame, money and a fabulous lifestyle.
Fleur Xavier, Seasons 2000 Fall collection model and currently one of India’s hottest Ramp model asserts that modeling is an exceptionally profitable career prospect. She says “It gives more money than most of the fields available to. I am 24 and I think I make more money than another 24-year-old doing a nine to five job so if I can make so much of money at my age, then I have to put in that much of effort.”
Besides that the Indian modeling industry has often paved way for its models to be some of the most popular actors of Bollywood (Hindi cinema) like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (Miss world 1994), Priyanka Chopra (Miss World 2000), Sushmita Sen (Miss Universe 1994) and many others like John Abraham, Arjun Rampal, Deepika Padukone, Milind Soman, Anushka Sharma, Katrina Kaif, Randeep Hooda, Siddharth Malhotra .
And not just on Indians, Bollywood has been known to shower affectionate acceptance on models from around the world like Sunny Leone (Canadian pornographic actress), Katrina Kaif (British Indian actress) known as Barbie doll of Bollywood, Jacqueline Fernandez (Miss Sri Lanka Universe 2006), Nargis Fakhri from America, Elli Avram from Sweden, Barbara Mori from Mexico, Amy Jackson from UK.
Summing up, India is a hotbed of the fashion industry. It is not just highly successful at giving to the world some of the most droolworthy men and women but also at extending a generous hug to everyone who is willing to come. Indians are prolific admirers of exotic beauty. And that makes it highly convenient for models throughout the world gain acceptance in Bollywood, Hindi cinema and several other fashion related platforms.Become a Model